WHAT: Race a 5K/10K with your family and friends…Run-Walk on a challenging Trail!
WHEN: Saturday, April 13, 2019 – – – – 2020 TBD!
WHERE: Buckhorn Recreation Area at Black Butte Lake (west of Orland, follow Highway 32 West and cross over I-5 for about 8 miles). Course is on dirt Trails and begins at Buckhorn Boat Launch Area.
2019 RESULTS: View by clicking here!
WHY? Support RCD Connects with Kids program
2 Ways to Register
1) Register Online – Click here!
2) Please call us at (530) 934-4601 x5 for registration assistance.
Reserve your ticket and guarantee your spot by registering prior to that morning… Technical running shirt optional but available for true Sports and Outdoor Enthusiasts!
This event provides you, your family and friends an opportunity to enjoy a healthy, fun activity at Black Butte Lake! Located about 8 miles west of Orland, California, beautiful Black Butte Lake offers sports and outdoor enthusiasts a place to camp, swim, fish, run, walk or hike the trails… even an opportunity to play disk golf, ride your bike or horse!
In 2011, the RCD partnered with Black Butte Rangers and other partners in Glenn County to create this annual fundraiser that supports RCD Connects with Kids! The RCD is a not-for-profit, special district 170(c)(1), that solely operates on donations, grants, contracts and special fundraising events. It is governed by a Board of Directors to ensure all community-based efforts help Glenn County. It is one of RCD’s goals to sustain our educational programs tailored to youth. All proceeds from this event support the RCD Connects with Kids program.
The RCD partners with Under the Sun Events! This provides another level of fun and challenging 5K/10K Trail experience, including the event offering timing services and being part of its TRAIL SERIES! We will use the RFID Race Timing Systems through disposable bib chips. Disposable bib chips are paper thin chips attached to the back of participant race bibs and covered with a strip of foam. This means there is no chip to return after the race!
If you cannot attend but still want to support RCD Connects with Kids, Donate by clicking here!
- Free park entry for the day with registration
- Chip timed
- Custom finisher’s medal for the first 100 finishers!
- Post-race pancake breakfast/snacks
- Create and wear your favorite “Tail” for fun!
- NO DOGS allowed at event (sorry)
- Consider coming for the weekend! Buckhorn Recreation Area offers the following and more: dedicated camp sites, full service restrooms (including showers), pirate ship play area for kids, sand volleyball court, horseshoe pit, beach area, and boat launch… Many choose to come Friday after work, participate in the 5K/10K in the morning and relax all of (or play more) Saturday, then leave Sunday.
Awards and Recognition:
Age Group Awards for both Male & Female
- TOP 10K ‘RUN’ERS
- TOP 5K ‘RUN’ERS
- TOP TAIL
Open to all… Create a wildlife tail, wear it and get your autograph on a plaque & receive a special prize!
Liz Brackmann, founder RCD Connects with Kids, with her son at the 1st Annual “Run Your Tail Off” 5K/10K!
THANK YOU for keeping us safe…
Orland Volunteer Fire Department and Glenn Amateur Radio Society.